10 November 2014

Simply Betty's Secret Birthday Bog Hop


Today is Betty Roberts 40th Birthday!!!

YES the BIG 40!

so we thought we would make it as special as we possibly can! ...

The awesome Rachel Sharp http://sharkie19.deviantart.com/?rnrd=118353 drew us up an image to use for Betty’s Birthday!!

A whole bunch of AMAZING, SUPER TALENTED ladies have done some unbelievable projects for you to see, they have all been mailed out to betty so she should get some amazing mail…………

But we thought you would all like to see these FANTASTIC projects
so here is mine...............
 
I had such a ball colouring this wonderful image! Using Copics and a wink of Stella Glitter pen!  Printing out the image much larger than I would normally use, to fill a 7 x 7 card base. I used American Crafts thickers for the number 40, and some TCP sticky gems. A bit of American crafts purple twine and a cut little skull charm.
As you can tell I need to spend some time actually studying the classes that I have purchased from Alyce at Kit and Clowder, as the hair is rather a mess, but I thought the dress was quite good, and I lucked out on creating the blue colour combo.
I couldn't embellish the card as much as I would normally, as I was having to post it out to Betty in the USA, and you know what the royal mail postal charges are like, so I tried to keep it clean and simple with just a little bit of bling.
 
here are the rest of the blogs in the hop. check them out and leave them some love.

Thanks for stopping by!

Rochelle xxx

6 comments: