20 September 2013

Birthday card with Krista Smith's Saturated Canary Ava

HAPPY FRIDAY EVENING!

what better thing to do on a Friday than CRAFT! yey!

So here we have an 8x8 birthday card, featuring Saturated Canary image; Ava, which can be found here

http://saturated-canary.myshopify.com/products/ava

slowly but surely I feel my promarker colouring is improving (feel free to tell me different if you disagree) I tried out some new colours for me with the promarkers, because I had recently purchased a selection of buttons from Hobbycraft (as seen on the bottom right of the card) with a gorgeous colour palate that I couldn't say no to.

so down to business.......... I covered the card in a DCWV homespun textured paper (a theme appearing in my posts, that I use a lot of dcwv papers!) the pink "happy birthday" paper is also from a DCWV stack, and the orange floral is again from the Homespun stack.

I'm afraid that I don't remember who the paper was by that the brown "months" topper came from, but it is cut from a 12x12 sheet, and has an orange K&Co smash tag to indicate the month October, as that's when the birthday is.

"special sister" is created from alphabet rub ons, and is on bazzill basics brown cardstock.

I have also used some little white rub on flowers to add some interest to the background paper, and I have used stick on gems in the centres of those flowers.

And to finish the card I used some American Crafts twine behind the image as if it were attached to the balloon, and also some of the same twine tied in a bow around the side of the card with a tiny little orange epoxy butterfly charm. Very cute! (not sure who they are by, but I managed to get a pack of 10 different little butterfly charms for 62p from Dunelm! 62p! what a bargain!!

Now here is a close up of the Saturated Canary image that I am rather proud of.

Thanks for stopping by! Have fun and i'll see you all soon! HAPPY CRAFTING! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment